About me: Chris Herrera


My name is Christopher Herrera, and I am a rising junior at Harvey Mudd College studying computer science and math. Starting in the summer of 2021, I worked with the SotoLab analyzing a large acoustic telemetry dataset of white shark trajectories along the beaches in Santa Barbara, CA. I transitioned to the LAIR lab in January 2022 and began working on various state estimation projects. These projects include a kalman filter to estimate the distance of an acoustic pinger tag from a hydrophone using time of flight and signal strength data, as well as a particle filter to combine measurements from two hydrophones to estimate the location of the tag. Eventually this work will allow us to track tagged animals with multiple underwater autonomous vehicles (AUVs).

No comments:

Post a Comment